Wednesday 3rd April 2019 . Start at 19:00 at HCSC
Suitable for those new to dinghy sailing as it covers all the basics, but will also be extremely useful to those that wish to expand their sailing area outside of Keyhaven river and into the Solent.
This season the HCSC/ KYC joint programme has several destination potters listed: Totland; Lymington; River Yar to name a few. If you intend doing these Solent cruises, don't miss this talk.
Even if you are vastly experienced in sailing these waters, it would be good for you to come along so that others can learn from your experiences - what went right, or what went wrong!
Topics to be covered include:
· Meteorology - where to find weather forecasts
· Tides hight & flow charts
· VHF Mobile
· Running repairs and get me home stuff
· Reefing and coping with heavy weather
· Solent near destinations, their delights and dangers
· Lee shores
Paul is a club member, Yacht-master examiner and also an experienced dinghy sailor and winner of several Newtown Pursuit races.